(Reusing this file)
This work was first published in
and is now in the
Order No. 83, Amendment to the Copyright Law. The work meets one of the following criteria:
- It is an anonymous work or pseudonymous work and 50 years have passed since the year of its publication
- It is a work where the copyright holder is a legal entity or a work of applied art and 50 years have passed since the year of its publication
- It is a photographic or cinematic work that is not compositive (artistic in nature) first published before 1 January 1999
- It is work published in Iraq before 1 January 1954, and the author died before 1 January 1979
- It is another kind of work, and 50 years have passed since the year of death of the author (or last-surviving author)
- It is one of "collections of official documents, such as texts of international laws, regulations and agreements, judicial judgements and various official documents."
- It is the work of a body corporate, public or private, published by January 1st, 1980 (Article 20, 1971 law).
English | 日本語 | العربية | +/−
Per U.S. Circ. 38a.
, the following countries are not a participant in the
any other treaty on copyright
with the United States:
- Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Nauru, Palau, San Marino and Somalia.
As such, works published by citizens of these countries in these countries are usually not subject to copyright protection outside of these countries. Hence, such works may be in the public domain in most other countries worldwide.
- Works published in these countries by citizens or permanent residents of other countries that are signatories to the Berne Convention or any other treaty on copyright will still be protected in their home country and internationally as well as locally by local copyright law.
- Similarly, works published outside of these countries within 30 days of publication within these countries will also usually be subject to protection in the foreign country of publication. When works are subject to copyright outside of these countries, the term of such copyright protection may exceed the term of copyright inside them.
- Unpublished works from these countries may be fully copyrighted.
- A work from one of these countries may become copyrighted in the United States under the
URAA if the work's home country enters a copyright treaty or agreement with the United States and the work is still under copyright in its home country.
has enacted Law No. 3 of 1971 on Copyright (Arabic)
which came into force on 21 January 1971. Iraq has enacted Regulation No. 10 of 1985 on the National Committee for the Protection of Copyright (Arabic)
which came into force on 2 September 1985. Iraq has enacted Order No. 83, Amendment to the Copyright Law (Arabic)
(Unofficial English (WIPO) translation
) which came into force on 1 May 2004.
This image shows a
coat of arms
or some other official
. The use of such symbols is restricted in many countries. These restrictions are independent of the